- CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR,FIN Sourcing & Procurement (23500351550411)
- Go to our website »
CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR,FIN Sourcing & Procurement (23500351550411)
Tracking Code: 23500351550411
The Contracts Administrator is a key member of the Sourcing and Procurement team at Boston University and is responsible for developing, negotiating, and facilitating the creation of binding contracts with suppliers, placing orders in response to service or material requirements, assisting in reconciling purchase order discrepancies, and training Requisitioners in Ariba Guided BUying.
Major duties of this position include:
- Drafts and facilitates the creation of binding contract documents and purchase orders for Boston University orders with new and existing suppliers
- Interacts daily and coordinates closely with stakeholders, suppliers, the Contracts Attorneys, colleagues, and management, to identify functional/technical specifications and performs cost analysis of supplier proposals to establish negotiation positions in order to obtain the best total value for Boston University
- Assists in the execution and delivery of the Sourcing & Procurement strategy by driving alignment and engagement of key stakeholders and facilitating adoption/acceptance of BU procurement programs across schools, colleges, and administrative units
- Develops and maintains high quality documentation including purchase records, bid records, purchasing card (PCard) records, standard operating procedures, and relevant training materials as required by law, federal acquisition requirements and/or Boston University policy
- B.A./B.S. in business, finance, accounting, management, nonprofit administration, or public administration
- 3+ years of experience with demonstrated proficiency in:
- Public speaking, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Organizational and analytical skills and the ability to prioritize and manage concurrent projects with multiple stakeholders
- Professionalism, good judgment, and integrity
- Detail oriented, demonstrating accuracy and quality of work output
- Intermediate analytical, communication and interpersonal skills. Able to work optimally and collaboratively in a small, collegial team environment
- Self-motivated, proactive, intellectually curious
- Comfortable handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
Experience working in a Sourcing & Procurement function with exposure to a relevant eProcurement system, such as SAP Ariba.
- Boston University's generous benefits package includes health, dental, life insurance, and paid time off! Full-time employees are also eligible for tuition remission for courses at Boston University. Note: the remission benefit extends to dependents as well. For more details on benefits, please refer to the Boston University benefits page at https://www.bu.edu/hr/employee-resources/benefits/
- The department of Financial Affairs at Boston University values intellectual, cultural, and social diversity among its staff and students. We remain steadfast in our dedication to building a team that is inclusive and equitable and a place where all constituents can thrive
- For all positions, we are looking for individuals who enjoy working with colleagues in a collaborative environment and who are flexible and creative. We strongly encourage applications from women and under-represented groups who share our interest in serving a university community with diverse needs, backgrounds, ethnicities, and abilities
- Interested applicants are asked to upload a resume, list of references (if available), and submit a cover letter addressed to 'Hiring Manager Sourcing & Procurement Contracts Administrator'
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume when applying for this position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston Universitys COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the Universitys response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location: BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Salary Grade: Grade 47
To apply, visit https://bu.silkroad.com/epostings/submit.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=312012&company_id=15509&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=1018629&aid=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency