- Online Part-Time Faculty - Transportation & Logistic Management/Supply Chain Management
- Go to our website »
Online Part-Time Faculty - Transportation & Logistic Management/Supply Chain Management
Requisition Number: ONLIN004167
Location: Online / RemoteOnline / Remote
Part-Time Faculty - Job Description
* When Applying: Upload a CV and a copy of unofficial transcripts, Master's Degree and above. Student issued/unofficial copies are acceptable. Please do not send us official copies, unless specifically asked.
- Reports to: Department Chair
- Department: Academics
- School: Business
- Program: TLMT/SCMG
- Location: Remote
- Date Closing: Open Until Filled
- FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Synopsis of Role:
Part-time and full-time teaching faculty share our commitment to learning, teaching, interaction with students and faculty, service to our communities of practice, and scholarship. They are united by the common goal of inspiring academic excellence in students with a broad range of interests and experiences consistent with the Community of Inquiry Framework as adopted by APUS for cognitive presence, teaching presence, and social presence. They are key to creating a rewarding online learning experience for students by engaging them, challenging them, and supporting them. They contribute to and participate in a range of activities related to effectiveness and excellence in teaching and student retention. Faculty members remain aware of discipline content intent for the courses they teach. They follow APUS guidelines, processes, and methods and are responsive to mentoring and coaching.
Academic Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Teaching excellence
- Deliver online lessons to undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Initiate, facilitate, interact and moderate online classroom forums.
- Be a faculty leader in your classes embracing fully the Community of Inquiry Framework of Teaching Presence, Cognitive Presence, and Social Presence.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers within the timeframe set forth by APUS policy providing effective feedback to guide student learning and success.
- Comply with APUS guidelines and expectations for quality faculty engagement online.
- Engage in the classroom and reply to emails, etc. at least every other day, including one day during the weekend.
- Remain aware of classroom procedures and use of instructional materials.
- Participate in professional development to enhance teaching skills.
- Attend discipline specific and administrative meetings as scheduled.
- Maintain discipline' knowledge by participating in one's own discipline-related professional communities.
- Support APUS initiatives and departments.
- Please note: faculty hired for this position could be teaching at Doctoral, Graduate and Undergraduate levels depending on qualifications and program need. If selected to teach at the Doctoral or Graduate level, the faculty member will be subject to additional research requirements.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Communication - Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and speaking so others will understand.
- Cooperation - Pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Education - Knowledge of principles and methods for teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the assessment measures.
- Initiative - Willing and able to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Learning Strategies - Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/assessing performance of yourself to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Self-Control - Maintain composure, keep emotions in check, control anger, and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Stress Tolerance -Ability to accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Maritime, or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- Doctoral degree is preferred.
- Five or more years of experience in the Logistics industry is required.
- College-level teaching experience is preferred.
- Online teaching experience is preferred.
Preferred Areas of Expertise and Experience:
- In-Transit Visibility
- Maritime Operations
- Warehouse Management Systems
Part-time faculty members are compensated biweekly at a rate totaling $130 per undergraduate student and $150 per graduate student.
- Information regarding our faculty benefits may be found here: https://www.apus.edu/about/careers/faculty.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Sitting, extensive use of keyboard
*Please note: Applicants selected to proceed in the hiring process with conferred degrees from foreign institution(s) will require a course-by-course evaluation completed by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) approved agency. All charges associated with official transcripts and foreign transcript evaluations are the responsibility of the applicant and are not reimbursed by APUS.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the policy of American Public University System to afford equal opportunity to all qualified persons. We treat all qualified individuals equally as to their recruitment, hiring, assignments, advancements, compensation, and all other terms and conditions of employment. American Public University System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Required for LinkedIn Job Posting: #LI-Remote
To apply, visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1070/JobBoard/711bd40f-864c-42db-8c62-3c62f2edc13f/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=118f7d75-88ad-4763-97aa-e5f5e5ad4c99
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency